Utah Association for Domestic Violence Treatment
UADVT Annual Conference
Seeking Change and Safety Through Effective Domestic Violence Intervention
UADVT 2018 Conference: September 12, 13, 14, 2018
More Information Coming Soon!
September 12, 2018 – Curtis St. Denis, MA, QMHP "Psychopathy and Sociopathy and Their Role in Family Violence"
September 13, 2018 – Jacqueline Campbell, PhD "Danger Assessment"
The UADVT seeks to provide quality, evidence based trainings for Domestic Violence professionals in Utah. With this fifth annual conference, the association carries on the tradition of holding an annual conference for DV treatment providers and their partners.
The 2017 conference theme is: Growing beyond Stereotypes: Embracing Diversity in DV Treatment. Submissions for presentations are invited, and encouraged to relate to this year’s theme in these areas:
- Approaches that reduce negative impacts of stereotypes during treatment;
- Exploring non-traditional approaches of treatment;
- Breaking through the stereotypes associated with DV offenders, providers, and treatment options;
- Topics or themes which address diversity in domestic violent treatment;
- Compare and contrast various domestic violence treatment methods; particularly focusing on diversity within treatment methods;
- Insights and challenges associated with cultural and gender diversity in DV treatment.
Opportunity for Sponsorship of the Conference:
UADVT invites sponsors for the conference. Please contact Martha Burkett-Fallis, LCSW, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorship funds can be sent to:
c/o USU Conference Services
5005 Old Main Hill
Logan UT 84322
Or call 435 797-0423 with credit card payment.
"The annual conference is an opportunity to connect with other treatment providers and researchers. It is an opportunity to learn from and strengthen one another and to be reminded of the great responsibility we share to hold offenders accountable and help them change their abusive behaviors and attitudes."
~ Derrik Tollefson, PhD, UADVT President