Utah Association for Domestic Violence Treatment
UADVT Annual Conference
The 2016 UADVT conference is now sold out.
Please plan to join us next year, September 6, 7, 8, 2017.
September 14-16, 2016
Utah Valley Convention Center
Dr. Linda Chamberlin and Dr. Daniel Sonkin
Call for Presenters
The UADVT was organized to fill the gap left by the dissolution of the Utah Domestic Violence Council’s Treatment Committee/Workgroup. With this second annual conference, the association carries on the tradition of holding an annual conference for DV treatment providers and their partners.
The conference will focus primarily on preventing incidents of domestic violence for adult and youth victims. Presentations will focus on:
- Approaches that enhance treatment effectiveness;
- Treatments that have been proven as effective in other modalities, tying it into DV treatment;
- Helping treatment providers translate theory into practice;
- Topics or themes which address domestic violent treatment;
- Compare and contrast various domestic violence treatment methods; particularly focusing on effectiveness;
- Demonstrating treatment methods that have been found to be effective (i.e., backed up by research);
- The latest research on domestic violence treatment methods and their effectiveness
Opportunity for Sponsorship of the Conference:
UADVT invites sponsors for the conference. Please contact Martha Burkett-Fallis, LCSW, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorship funds can be sent to:
c/o USU Conference Services
5005 Old Main Hill
Logan UT 84322
Or call 435 797-0423 with credit card payment.
"The annual conference is an opportunity to connect with other treatment providers and researchers. It is an opportunity to learn from and strengthen one another and to be reminded of the great responsibility we share to hold offenders accountable and help them change their abusive behaviors and attitudes."
~ Derrik Tollefson, PhD, UADVT President